Advanced Integration Method (AIM)
Authorize.Net® Advanced Integration Method (AIM)
Authorize.Net understands the evolving needs of Internet merchants - our solutions are designed to help you grow your online business.
- Accept a Variety of Payments: Each item can be assigned a unique item ID and description, which is displayed on your Web site's order page, as well as the payment form and receipt page.
- Manage Your Transactions: Nonprofit organizations can specify suggested donation amounts.
- Prevent Fraud: If shipping is required, you can configure up to 10 shipping methods (e.g. Ground, Overnight, Two Day, etc.), with ranges and costs (e.g. 1-5 items = $4.95, 6-10 items = $6.95, etc.) for each method.
- Risk Management: You can specify the maximum quantity of each item, per order, that a customer may purchase.
- Receive Payments Quickly: Display the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal on your site to increase customer confidence and potentially increase sales.
- Free Support: Authorize.Net provides live technical and account support to merchants, as well as access to online documentation and user guides.
Authorize.Net enables all types of merchants to accept secure and reliable credit card and electronic check payments quickly and easily. We offer flexible application programming interfaces (APIs) with no licensing or developing fees, and have numerous certified third-party options that offer quick and secure integration methods. You can choose from the following integration options:
- Pre-Integrated Solutions: Choosing a pre-integrated product is often the easiest and most practical integration method. There are several Authorize.Net solutions that enable you to submit transactions right away, as well as hundreds of certified, third-party solutions. Our Certified Solutions meet the highest security and integration requirements, including our preferred Advanced Integration Method (AIM).
- Server Integration Method (SIM): SIM is a hosted payment processing solution that handles all of the steps in processing a transaction. SIM collects the customer payment information through a secure hosted form, generates email receipts to the customer, securely transmits transaction data for settlement, and stores cardholder data.
- Advanced Integration Method (AIM): AIM is a customizable payment processing solution that gives the merchant control over all of the steps in processing a transaction. The merchant collects the customer payment information on an SSL (secure sockets layer) payment form on their web server, generates email receipts, and securely transmits transaction data to the Authorize.Net Gateway for settlement. AIM is an ideal integration solution because it allows merchants the highest degree of customization and control over their customers' checkout experience.